Age of Aquarius – original article posted here – https://www.adventurecycling.org/blog/age-of-aquarius/ Dan Meyer Jan 19, 2021 | Explore Once again, I got started late. After lingering over coffee, packing up my bike, and making sure the floors were swept and the doors locked, I found myself the last one at the hut. Which was fine. Solitude is a necessary
Simple Suggestions for a Happy Stay!
- Leave the huts better than you found them; this means, please do not leave anything behind or take anything that does not belong to you, including maps, cookbooks, etc.
- Remember you’re living communally; use only what you need and share common spaces (i.e. Kitchen, bathroom, patios, decks, etc.)
- Respect others people’s personal belongings and personal space requirements
- Keep device use on the D/L!
- Be aware of your noise pollution and agree to follow set quiet times agreed upon by everyone at the hut
- Please do not attempt to accommodate folks who have not made previous arrangements to stay at the huts. On-site booking is NOT available. If there are extra bed spots available, they MIGHT be able to be filled but they must call to reserve and pay for the space. If you do allow extra persons to join you without payment and approval you may be approached by our staff, you might be removed from the huts system and not allowed to return. You will also be charged for the additional persons.
- We do not accept “walk-ins” so please do not permit walk-in campers to reside in the huts unless weather/adverse circumstances exist.
- You may not skip huts or stay extra nights if not already agreed to and paid for in advance
- Respect the huts; make cleanliness an utmost priority
- Be considerate to all kinds of trail-based travelers. This includes knowing right-of-way etiquette
a) Always yield. Hikers and Equestrians have the right of way.
b) When approaching from the rear, slow down and announce your presence. Pass slowly and safely.
- Above all else; Promise to pack Common Sense!
Original article posted here – https://www.elevationoutdoors.com/go-outside/what-to-know-about-the-brand-new-aquarius-hut-to-hut-bike-trail-in-southern-utah/ This fall, a new string of huts was completed that hopes to open up a new route of exploration through Southern Utah. Designed specifically for bikers and known as the Aquarius Trail, it will become fully operation next spring, ready to serve as a legit hut-to-hut, cross-country experience or as
“Aquarius Trail Hut System Crosses the Halfway Point” Work on the Aquarius Trail Hut System has crossed over the halfway point with the completion of 3 of the 5 huts. The remaining 2 huts are scheduled to be completed over the next 6-8 weeks.
We are currently taking reservations for the entire Aquarius Trail Hut System.